CURRENT OPEN POSITIONS
POWER SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Experience – 3 to 5 yrs+
Degree – 4 Year Degree
Energy – Utilities – Gas – Electric
The Power System/Design Engineer’s primary function is to perform load flow and system coordination studies in support of (1) new projects, standards, and specifications development, (2) value engineering, and (3) troubleshooting of existing system projects.
The responsibilities of the Engineer will include, but not be limited to, conducting studies in Milsoft, ETAP or SKM, responding to inquiries on transient system events through data analysis, field visits, communication, and modeling/simulation, as well as, client project management.
The successful candidate will have a strong core of theoretical knowledge, field construction experience and applications experience along with excellent teamwork and written/oral communication skills.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- Designs power system facilities and coordinates construction, operation, and maintenance of electric power distribution systems.
- Designs and plans layout of transmission and distribution lines.
- Conducts power system studies on the potential impact of new technologies and specific projects to aid in proposal and specification development.
- Troubleshooting of field issues on existing equipment through modeling and real-world application.
- Responding to inquiries on transient system events.
- Working with other designers and engineers to evaluate new technologies, products, and manufacturers.
- Must demonstrate business mastery, including the ability to integrate work across relevant areas, manage risks and safety appropriately, manage information, and provide exceptional service to internal and external customers.
- Estimates labor, material, construction, and equipment costs.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Power Engineering, PE preferred but not required.
- Typically possesses 3 or more years of experience in power systems studies, or protection, or system planning, or operations for the electric power utility industry in Milsoft, ETAP knowledge a plus.
- At least 2 years of experience in developing models, performing simulations and documenting/presenting results, e.g. load flow, use coordination studies and the like.
- Must have at least 3 years of experience consulting with clients, including independently identifying client needs, developing action plans, and identifying deliverables.
- Experience and knowledge of power distribution systems.
- Experience using the following software: Milsoft, PLSCad, SAG 10, Spida Calc, ETAP and ESRI are preferred but not required.
Hands-on troubleshooting experience with relays, protection devices, and distribution system fault analysis.
Please submit resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org